Hi, lovelies! Today is a fun post. I am doing the sunshine blogger award!!! I have been nominated by five people so I am doing all of them here. I was nominated by the wonderful Peaks and Pages, Thrifty Bibliophile, Bookish in Bed, Of Midnight Ravings, and The Readers Bay. Thank you all for nominating me and please check out their blogs. Let us get into this, shall we? Here are the rules:
-Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
-Answer 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog.
Questions from Amanda at Peaks and Pages
1. What were your favorite books growing up? My favorite books growing up were Love You Like a Sister, Junie B. Jones, and Dr. Seuss books.
2. Where is your favorite place to read? My room but I can read anywhere, to be honest.
3. Which genres do you read the most? Fantasy, YA, New Adult, Middle Grade, and Contemporary
4. Who is your favorite author? Victoria Schwab is my number one.
5. What’s a trope or cliché that you’re tired of seeing? It’s not so much that I am tired of seeing it but I hate love triangles and I also don’t like seeing a girl weak.
6. Who is your OTP? I have way too many but one of my top favorites are Shazi and Khalid, Mara and Noah, and Isaboe and Finnikin.
7. What is your favorite book-to-screen adaptation? Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.
8. What is your reading beverage of choice? I don’t read and drink.
9. What’s the most disappointing book you’ve read this year? So far it is The Hazel Wood.
10. What is a sequel you’re highly anticipating? The Reckoning of Noah Shaw, Vengeful, Legendary, and Smoke in the Sun. These are only sequels (I didn’t do other books in a series and I only did 2018 releases.)
11. What are some diverse books you’ve read and loved? Reign of the Fallen, Riordan books, Shades of Magic series, and a lot more.
Questions from Ashley Rae at Thrifty Bibliophile
- What do you like the most about having a blog? I enjoy writing about what I love and the book blogging community friends I have made.
- What do you like the least about having a blog? As of right now, nothing.
- Do you prefer short books or long books? Why? Both because I don’t care if a story is long or short as long as it is amazing.
- What was the last non-fiction book that you read? I truly don’t know lol.
- How much time do you spend reading each day/week? Way too much to count lol.
- Which author would you most like to meet? Victoria Schwab, Rick Riordan, Michelle Hodkin, Reneé Ahdieh, A.B. Endacott, Sarah Glenn Marsh, Amanda Foody, and Mark Lawrence.
- Where do you spend the most time reading? Describe the setting. In my bed.
- What book release are you looking forward to the most in 2018? Vengeful, Reckoning of Noah Shaw, Ace of Shades, Children of Blood and Bone, Smoke in the Sun, Tiger’s Dream, City of Ghosts, The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy, Marcus Vega Doesn’t Speak Spanish, Legendary, Tangled Like Us, The Winter of the Witch, The Cruel Prince, Shades of Magic: The Steel Prince Vol.1, All of This is True, Bruja Born, Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix and Queen of Air and Darkness. These are the ones I haven’t read yet.
- What’s your favorite food? Spanish, Italian, and Chinese food.
- What’s your dream vacation? The world. I want to travel to too many places to name lol you will have to check out my bucket list post to see it.
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? When I went to Hershey Park, when my little sister was born and every moment with my family.
Questions from Regina at Bookish in Bed
1.) Why did you start your blog? I started my blog to be able to gush about books.
2.) What is some advice you have for other bloggers? View my blogging tips post.
3.) What fictional place would you travel to if you could? Lumatere from the Lumatere Chronicles.
4.) What author do you wish you could be friends with? Victoria Schwab.
5.) Who’s your favorite author that you’ve met? I haven’t met any but I am friends with Sarah Glenn Marsh, Amanda Foody, and A. B. Endacott on Twitter and Instagram (minus Amanda on Instagram.)
6.) What author would you trust to write your biography? Victoria Schwab.
7.) What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? Same answer as in my first set of questions.
8.) Which book to movie adaptation do you wish never happened? Percy Jackson so that way someone could redo it right.
9.) What book do you wish would be turned into a movie? The Lumatere Chronicles, Shades of Magic trilogy, Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw series, Rick Riordan books, Wrath and Dawn duology, Six of Crows duology, and The Broken Empire trilogy.
10.) What book do you wish had a cookbook for it? The Tiger’s Curse series because all the Indian food sounds really good.
11.) What is your most anticipated release of 2018? Same answer as in my second set of questions.
Questions from The Readers Bay
- I’m actually going to steal Emma’s question and ask: Kiss, marry, kill: The main characters of the last three fiction books you read. Kiss Bruce Wayne (Batman: Nightwalker), marry Alosa (Daughter of the Siren Queen) and kill Tessa (Clockwork Princess.)
- A trope that you absolutely hate and one that you’re always down for.
- Your favorite book as a child? Same answer as my first set of questions.
- What is your bookish pet peeve? Mid-series cover changes.
- If you had to befriend any character for a day, which character would it be? Jorg Ancrath
- What is the one book that you will recommend for teenagers who aren’t big on reading? Shades of Magic or Broken Empire trilogies.
- Suppose your house is catching fire and you have to run for your life. You pass your bookshelves on the way, and you just can’t resist taking a few beauties with you. What are the two books that you most definitely HAVE to take with you? I’ll just go down with the ship because I can’t choose or I am tossing them all out the window lol.
- If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be? I will pick another one since I answered this in the other set. I would also live in Red London.
- Which bookish family/sibling relationship is most like your own? In case of no siblings, which bookish friendship is most like your own? Scarlet and Tella because I would do anything for my sister.
- Three of your least liked books. The Scarlet Letter, The Hazel Wood, and Tessa of the Road. There are others but these are a few of my DNF’ed books.
- Pick three books from your shelf. Open to random pages on each and choose the first character that comes. Now, these three characters are battling in a war with each other. Who is most likely to win, lose and give up? The one to win would be Jorg Ancrath (Prince of Thorns), to lose Vasilisa (The Bear and The Nightingale) and to give up Celia (The Night Circus.)
Questions From Of Midnight Ravings
- What is something that excites you these days? My art projects and just how organized my blogging is coming as well as how it is flourishing.
- What is your spirit animal? Apparently a snake.
- How would the people closest to you describe you? Smart, Funny, Creative/Energetic, Introvert.
- If you could hang out with any character for a day, who would it be? Probably Kieran from The Dark Artifices.
- What is the first thing you look for in a blog? Variety. I like to see tags, reviews, weekly memes, life stuff, etc. I don’t like to just see giveaways or blog tours.
- Which book universe would you like to be part of? This is a hard one it would be between the Shades of Magic universe, the Lumatere Chronicles universe, or Percy Jackson universe.
- Night owl or early bird (lark)? Night owl.
- If you could pick your own first name, what would you choose to call yourself? Esmerelda or Sapphire.
- Which blogs/people inspire you the most? My original inspiration was my friend Leenah.
- Something that doesn’t fail to make you smile? Anything involving love.
- Do you love chocolate too? (If yes, how much? If no, why not??) Yes, I would cease to exist without it in my life.
And we are finally done lol. That was a lot of questions but very fun. Thank you to all who nominated me and did those awesome questions. Here are my nominees and questions:
1- What is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world?
2- What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical?
3- What is something that is really popular now, but in 5 years everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by?
4- If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
5- Who do you know that really reminds you of a character in a TV show or movie?
6- Are people outside the blogging community aware of your blog? i.e. family, friends.
7- Favorite Disney movie quote?
8- If you were to die tomorrow, how would you want people to remember you?
9- If you could talk to one person dead or alive, who would it be and why?
10- What would you do if you didn’t blog?
11- And lastly, give us three random facts about yourself?
I am answering mine as well because I like the questions but I am not rewriting the question just the answer so here we go:
- Celebrity kid names like North and Apple.
- Probably The Greatest Showman
- My brother reminds me of Michael Scott
- Yes, they are some follow along with me.
- “To die will be an awfully big adventure.”
- That I did what the Lord had me on this earth to do.
- My Titi Barbara to know what it is like in Heaven.
- My normal everyday stuff just minus blogging.
- My favorite word is preposterous, I quote movies all the time, and I have never been on a date.
And that is all! Hope you all enjoyed this post! Have an awesome day.